Hyderabad, September 28, 2020: Mahindra Electric Mobility Ltd, part of the USD 19.4 billion Mahindra Group, today announced the launch of its new electric three-wheeler Mahindra Treo in Telangana at ₹ 2.7 lakh post FAME subsidies (Ex-showroom, Telangana).
The new Mahindra Treo electric auto is now completely designed and developed in India and offers best-in-class performance with higher speed of 55 kmph, better acceleration from 0-20 kmph in just 2.3 seconds and best-in-class gradeability of 12.7 degree. The new Mahindra Treo can save an owner up to ₹ 45,000/year*. The Treo is available with a low down payment scheme of just ₹ 50,000 from Mahindra Finance and low interest rate scheme of only 10.8% from State Bank of India. Mahindra Treo comes with attractive exchange bonus of ₹5,000.
Speaking at the launch, Mahesh Babu, MD & CEO, Mahindra Electric said, “The recently announced Telangana EV policy by Honourable Chief Minister Shri K Chandrasekar Rao will ensure EVs are more accessible and affordable in the state. In line with the government’s vision to promote e-mobility, we are very proud to launch the new Mahindra Treo electric auto across Telangana. With ~5000 Treo vehicles plying across 400+ districts of India, Treo has already covered 1.6 Crore km on Indian roads. The new Mahindra Treo will further help our customers’ savings potential and is a great fit for the state’s first and last mile mobility needs. We believe that the Indian EV growth will be dominated by electric 3-wheelers as it is economically, environmentally and socially sustainable.”
Higher Savings of up to ₹ 45,000*:
· The running cost of Mahindra Treo is only 50 paise/km which can save up to ₹ 45,000 per year on fuel costs.
· The lithium-ion battery requires zero-maintenance and offers 1,50,000+ Km of hassle free running.
· The new improved AC induction motor now has a highest power of 8 kW and a highest/excellent torque of 42 Nm.
· The top-speed of Mahindra Treo has improved significantly to 55 kmph with an increased gradeability of 12.7 degree.
· LITHIUM-ION TECHNOLOGY: The new Mahindra Treo is powered by advanced lithium-ion technology and can travel for up to 130 km (declared driving range) on a single charge.
· AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION: It comes with automatic transmission, and is gearless, clutch-less and vibration-free making the drive very comfortable and fatigue-free
· EASE OF CHARGING: Mahindra Treo can be charged anywhere as it comes with a portable charger and can be fully charged using a 15 A socket
· RELIABLE IP 67 RATED MOTOR gives enhanced protection from dust and water entry
· RUST FREE BODY PANELS: Modular rust-free Sheet Moulding Compound (SMC) panels for easy cleaning
Superior Space & Comfort:
· BEST-IN-SEGMENT WHEELBASE: With the longest wheelbase of 2073 mm the Mahindra Treo offers segment best comfort with more leg room and easy entry and exit for all age groups.
· ENHANCED SAFETY: Mahindra Treo offers side doors making the ride much safer.
Excellent Warranty & Aftersales:
· STANDARD WARRANTY: Mahindra Treo comes with a standard warranty of 3 years/80,000 km along with the option of extended warranty of 2 years/1 lakh Km.
· EASE OF SERVICE: Wide service network of 140+ dealerships across India